A new construction project could affect your commute for years to come.
Major road work is starting up soon on I-25 at Arapahoe Road. The interchange reconstruction project will replace the bridge.
The project will start May 2 and last until 2018. Colorado Department of Transportation officials say they’re hoping it will improve the congestion and safety in the area.
They say the existing partial cloverleaf interchange will be improved through implementation of the following project elements:
- Reconstruct the I-25 bridge over Arapahoe Road and provide three through lanes on Arapahoe Road under the I-25 bridge with a single barrier separating east/west traffic
- Realign the frontage road in the northeast quadrant of the interchange
- Construct an additional westbound lane on Arapahoe Road from Yosemite Street to Greenwood Plaza Boulevard
- Widen Yosemite Street north and south of Arapahoe Road
- Construct two noise walls: one along Yosemite Street south of Arapahoe Road to Xanthia Street, and another along the south side of Arapahoe Road from Uinta Street to Yosemite Street
- Provide triple left turns from the I-25 off ramps
There are two upcoming open houses you can attend to learn more about this major project and how you can work around it. Both open houses are scheduled for April 14 at Good Shepherd Episcopal Church.