BOULDER, Colo. -- We are now six weeks away from the BolderBOULDER and now might also be a great time to get out some of those pre-race jitters and run a 5K Qualifier race.
You don’t have to qualify to run in the BolderBOULDER, but if training is going well and you feel like you are up to the challenge of running in the first 32 waves, you’ll need to run a 5K that is timed in April or the beginning of May.
If you need a qualifier, a great race series you can run is the Dash & Dine 5K race – it’s a series of six races that take place at the Boulder reservoir throughout April and May.
Other reasons a smaller 5K race can help you prepare:
- Tune-up for the BolderBOULDER
- You can rehearse for the big day
- You can settle your nerves
- Practice your race day nutrition and test out your race day gear
- Have fun and enjoy your first 5K