DENVER -- If you're going to the 2016 NFL Kickoff Village at Civic Center Park before the Super Bowl 50 champs take on the Carolina Panthers, here's what you should know regarding what you can and cannot bring to the village.
The NFL and the City and County of Denver strongly encourage fans not to bring any type of bag, but if you must have one, these will be the only types of bags allowed inside:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12" OR
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar), AND
- Small clutch bags, 4.5" x 6.5", with or without a handle or strap, can be taken into Civic Center Park with one of the clear plastic bag options
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after thorough inspection
Bags that won't be allowed inside?
"Prohibited bags include, but are not limited to purses or bags larger than 4.5" x 6.5", coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags/draw string bags that are not clear or exceed 12" x 6" x 12", luggage of any kind, computer bags, binocular cases and camera bags, and large traditional seat cushions that have pockets, zippers, compartments or covers," said Denver City spokesperson.
These other items will not be allowed inside at Civic Center Park:
- Animals (except assistive animals)
- Banner (any object that obstructs the view of another
- Beach Balls
- Containers of any type: Aerosol Cans, Coolers (of any size), Backpacks, Bottles
- Laser Lights and Pointers
- Mace/Pepper Spray
- Noisemakers and Horns
- Poles, Sticks, Missile like objects of any kind
- Weapons, Knives and Explosives
Small cameras and binoculars will be allowed. No spectator cameras with lenses over six inches (6") long will be permitted. Again, camcorders will be prohibited.