The BolderBOULDER is just a week away and you’ve been training hard, here are some insider tips from Skechers Performance GOelite athlete Patrick Rizzo.
- New this year, the timing chip is now in your bib! When you receive your bib with your packet make sure not to remove the chip from the back of your bib. You must also wear your bib to receive a time.
- Make sure to start in the wave you are assigned to, the BolderBOULDER is a great race because you are running with others who run a pace similar to yours. You will be disqualified if you jump up a wave.
- All mile markers are marked on the course as well a kilometer markers and the BolderBOULDER takes split times at both.
- If you’re running or walking with friends, don’t walk more than three abreast so that others can get around you.
- Arrive 60 minutes before your wave, which is ample time to figure out where to park, use the bathroom, and warm-up.
- Try using RTD or riding your bike to get to the race or carpool if you can! Also, if you own a BMW, BMW of Colorado will be offering free VIP parking to anyone who shows their BMW key. More details at bolderboulder.com
- If you want your free Oskar Blues sample at the end of the race, make sure you have your ID, you will have to show it.