DENVER — On blustery days headed to work or picking up take out in your sweats, nothing warms you from the inside out like a hot cup of coffee.
Colorado coffee shops are ready to serve all of your caffeinated needs this holiday season with specialty lattes, holiday blends and decadent treats that will be hard to avoid.
Here's 7 Colorado coffee shops to warm you up:
1. The Bardo Coffee House
The Bardo Coffee House is open late and offers a variety of options, both with and without caffeine, to satisfy all of your beverage needs. When they brew, steam, chill, heat, toast or roast, it’s all powered by the wind and their coffee and food are from responsible, local vendors.
- What they have to say: "Always working to be the best coffee house in the Denver area. We're open late. We have all your favorite espresso and coffee drinks, teas, plus grab-and-go salads, sandwiches and house-made breakfast burritos. We have unique drinks from the tame to the wild—such as the our 14-spice house-made Turmeric Latte or the "Grinch" (Matcha, Oatmilk, and Pistachio)."
- Holiday special: Receive 10% off gift cards of $10 or more. Physical gift cards are available in store and come with a festive envelope. E-Cards are available online using the code HOLIDAY2020.
- 238 S. Broadway, Denver; 6150 W. 38th Ave, Wheat Ridge
- (303) 629-8331
2. Launch Espresso . Food . Spirits
This Golden mom and pop shop has specialty coffee and tea to give you a morning pick-me-up and you won't leave hungry with options like breakfast burritos, avocado toast, charcuterie boards, bison chili and more.
- What they have to say: "We are doing everything we can to support our community with food and coffee donations, local partnerships, promoting Golden artisans and keeping as many jobs alive as possible. Our staff is incredible and so are our generous guests! We’re fortunate to have a patio and a drive-thru so we can keep coffee and healthy food moving, even under tight restrictions. Our mission is to be a place to meet for people who cycle, hike, ski, go to concerts and enjoy other Colorado adventures and we still are keeping that alive, just in a less tangible way."
- Holiday drinks: They're offering The Edge Egg Nog Latte with espresso, egg nog, milk and spice; Peppermint Styx Shake with vanilla ice cream, peppermint syrup, candy cane pieces and whipped cream; and Santa(na) Spiked Cider with warm spiced apple cider and apple jack spirits from the local Golden Moon Distillery.
- 18455 W. Colfax Ave, Golden
- (720) 506-2119
3. Windsor Lake Coffee
Windsor Lake Coffee offers six drink specials a month, currently with a Harry Potter theme. Beware: it'll be hard to resist all of their baked good options to go with your coffee.
- What they have to say: "Windsor Lake Coffee is a welcoming, family-owned cafe in Downtown Windsor, CO. We feature Coda Coffee and Little Man Ice Cream, as well as home baked goods, breakfast and lunch. We also host local artisans and have filled our empty dining area tables with a huge selection of locally made goods. The baker's here at Windsor Lake Coffee have a lot of fun, are always experimenting and love creating delicious new items for our tight-knit community. Our social media is always updated with our latest and greatest! As a newer business we are constantly grateful for the support this community has given us. We wouldn't want to be anywhere else!"
- Holiday drinks: Their favorite drink this month is the Fire Whiskey Mocha, a spiced cranberry white chocolate mocha made with cinnamon, ginger and cardamom white chocolate sauce, and other popular options include their Hogwarts Expresso Latte, a peppermint vanilla latte, and their Holidays with Hagrid Mocha, a gingerbread white chocolate mocha.
- 430 Main St, Windsor
- (970) 445-4124
4. Tenn Street Coffee & Books
Pick up a warm cup of joe to-go, or enjoy it at Tenn Street Coffee & Books' socially distanced, heated patio tables. You get the added bonus of browsing their book selection while you wait for them to whip you up something special.
- What they have say: "While we've been the local Berkeley gathering place for 15 years, this last year has been the most challenging. Although our First Friday Art Exhibits have been somewhat diminished, we are still serving carry-out with outdoor seating available. We offer Daz Bog Espresso drinks and Middle State coffee, along with our full selection of pastries, breakfast and lunch sandwiches or grilled panini."
- Holiday special: Try their new holiday Praline Latte. Shop their Christmas Book Sale 2-for-1 special.
- 4418 Tennyson St, Denver
- (303) 455-0279
5. Cups Community Coffee
Cups Community Coffee offers more than a dozen latte specials, plus classic house drinks, boba tea, baked good and sandwiches. Even during hard times, they're supporting the community through their cUPLIFT program.
- What they have to say: "Cups Community Coffee is a local, family owned cafe in Fort Collins. We’ve been doing a program called cUPLIFT during the pandemic to deliver coffee to first responders and essential workers. We’ve made over 1,100 deliveries to date."
- Holiday special: This holiday they're offering their cUPLIFT through the mail, with latte postcards for $7.95. The recipient brings the postcard in to redeem their latte, which makes a great gift while supporting local businesses.
- 1033 S. Taft Hill Rd, Fort Collins
- (970) 482-2377
6. Octopus Coffee, Inc
Octopus Coffee started from a roadside shack in 2013 and they're still going strong in Grand Junction offering espresso, roasted coffee beans, breakfast burritos and from-scratch baking.
- What they have to say: "Alexis Bauer's passion for quality baked goods combined with her Polish grandmother's recipes make for excellent scones, cinnamon rolls and the holiday sugar cookies are not to be missed. COVID has certainly been challenging. We did lose a location this spring, but just like a regular Octopus, we can heal! We had a great summer and have focused on our roasted coffee selections. 2020 surely has given us many paths to get creative and share our strengths."
- Holiday special: Octopus Coffee is offering their first holiday blend, Fireside Blend, with a complex flavor and robust aroma inviting you to relax and enjoy the season. 10% of Fireside Blend sales will go to help defray their ongoing legal costs from the loss of their Crested Butte storefront.
- 759 Horizon Dr, Ste F, Grand Junction
- (970) 644-2829
7. Toast Fine Food & Coffee
The Littleton breakfast and brunch spot just celebrated its 14th anniversary serving customers. Stop in for a variety of specialty beverages and you'll undoubtedly leave with their french toast, pancakes or eggs benedict.
- What they have to say: "We've been your locally owned and operated breakfast spot for the last 14 years. We proudly serve locally roasted coffee from Pablo's."
- Holiday drink: Their Caramel Mocha is sure to hit the spot on a cold morning.
- 2630 W. Belleview Ave, Littleton
- (303) 797-9543