DURANGO, Colo. -- The legal battle between the parents of 13-year-old murder victim Dylan Redwine is over for now.
Both of their lawsuits against each other have been dismissed.
The latest lawsuit was dismissed after a half-day of testimony by both parents in court Tuesday.
Elaine Redwine lawsuit
Dylan's mother, Elaine Redwine, filed the first lawsuit in June 2015. In the lawsuit she blamed her ex-husband, Mark Redwine, for the wrongful death of Dylan.
Dylan was on a court-ordered visit with his dad, near Durango, during Thanksgiving week in 2012, when he disappeared.
Some of the boy's remains were found in June 2013, about 10 miles from his father's home north of Vallecito Lake.
In August 2015, the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office and Coroner's Office announced that Dylan's manner of death had been updated to "homicide" and Mark Redwine was officially the person of interest.
Elaine's lawsuit was dismissed in December 2015 because it was filed after the statute of limitations, according to the Durango Herald.
Mark Redwine lawsuit
Days after Mark Redwine was named a person of interest, he filed a countersuit against his ex-wife.
In the lawsuit, he alleged that his ex-wife made inaccurate representations about domestic violence and campaigned to get law enforcement to consider him a suspect in Dylan's death.
The lawsuit claimed the domestic conditions “created the environment that was Dylan Redwine’s life and ultimately likely led to his death.”
“While Dylan’s cause of death is not known… it is more likely than not that he left Mark Redwine’s home… possibly encouraged by Elaine Redwine and met with whoever or whatever caused his death,” the lawsuit states.
"But for the actions of the plaintiff (Elaine Redwine) it is more likely than not that Dylan would not have left his father's home and would be alive today," the document states.
This week, District Judge William Herringer held oral arguments on the case, then dismissed it, according to the Durango Herald.
Mark Redwine interview
After the hearing, Redwine told the newspaper he doesn’t believe charges will ever be brought in the case, especially against him.
“Would it surprise me, yes, because I don’t think that day will ever come,” he said. “If they don’t have it by now, they’re never going to have it.”
Read more of the interview in the Durango Herald.