MACHIAS, N.Y. - A contractor for Spectrum Cable has died after being electrocuted Wednesday afternoon in Yorkshire, N.Y., according to New York State Police.
National Grid tells us 39-year-old James Fogg, of Maine, came in contact with a primary electric line. He has been identified by NYSP.
The incident happened around 4:30 p.m.
Investigators determined Fogg was in the area working for S.G. Communications, running cable television lines. He was in the basket of a bucket truck when he came into contact with a primary electric line, causing him to be exposed to high voltage.
Fogg was taken to the Bertrand Chaffee Hospital, where he later died as result of his injuries.