A woman is suing Waffle House after saying she was served bleach in a drink she got from a restaurant in Georgia.
Atavian Moore sued the restaurant chain Oct. 27, claiming the incident has cost her $50,000 in medical bills so far, according to Atlanta's WSB-TV.
Moore claims that when she was eating at a Waffle House in Lithonia, Georgia in October 2015, she was given a drink that had bleach in it. She assumes the bleach got in her drink after the restaurant cleaned its drink dispenser.
WSB reported that Moore's lawsuit claimed she suffered injuries to her esophagus, stomach and other internal body parts because of the potentially deadly cocktail.
According to the National Capital Poison Center, swallowing small amounts of bleach can cause mouth irritation and vomiting but when someone swallows a large amount of the chemical it can cause more serious problems.
Clint Davis is a reporter for the Scripps National Desk. Follow him on Twitter @MrClintDavis. Keep up to date with the latest news by following @ScrippsNational on Twitter.