Jackson and Sophia are once again the most popular baby names, according to a survey from BabyCenter.com.
2015 marks the sixth straight year in which Sophia was the most popular girls name. Jackson was the most popular boys name for the third straight year.
Other than Logan jumping Jacob for the ninth spot on the list, the 2015 boys top ten list remains exactly the same as the 2014 list. The girls list was also largely unchanged, other than Madison replacing Madelyn in 10th place.
BabyCenter.com determines the year's most popular name by surveying more than 300,000 parents who agree to share their child's name.
Trends this year:
- Naming your baby after Instagram filters: "Lux, Juno, Reyes, Ludwig, Amaro, Valencia, Willow. Gorgeous names, right? They evoke a sense of dignified calm, a subtle nostalgia, a quiet beauty, a … popular photo-sharing app owned by Facebook? Yes, these are all names of Instagram filters and tools that add depth, artistry, and sparkle to lackluster landscapes and washed-out selfies. And they're becoming increasingly popular names for babies." Lux is up by 75 percent popularity for boys, Ludwig by 42. name list; then there's Amaro (up 26 percent), Reyes (up 10 percent), Hudson (up 4 percent), and Kelvin (up 3 percent). For girls, Juno is up by 30 percent in popularity, Valencia by 26 percent and Willow by 13 percent.
- Royal names are up: Duchess, Princess, Reign, Royal, King and more are all climbing.
- Teen sensations are big: Characters in popular teen media like "Katniss" from The Hunger Games, "Hazel" from The Fault in Our Stars and "Jonas" from The Giver are going up.
- Space case: Moon, Luna, Venus and Stella are shooting like stars.
- Breaking gender rules: Lincoln, Carson, Sawyer and others are big for boys and girls.
10 most popular girl names of 2015
10 most popular boy names of 2015