More Theater Shooting Victims Released From Hospital

The number of surviving theater shooting victims still being treated for their injuries is dwindling.

ChildrenÂ’s Hospital Colorado and Denver Health Medical Center both reported more patients being released Sunday, two days after a mass shooting at an Aurora movie theater left 12 dead and 58 injured.

The victims ranged in age from 4 months old to 45 years old. Many of them were transported to the hospital by police officers who took action to get help while waiting for ambulances to arrive at the scene.

A statement from ChildrenÂ’s Hospital said out of the six patients taken there, only two adults remain -- one is in serious condition and the other is in fair condition. Three other patients taken there were treated and released, and another died at the hospital.

Denver Health said Sunday that five patients taken there from the shooting have been treated and released. Emergency crews brought a total of seven people with gunshot wounds and abrasions to the extremities to the facility. The two remaining patients are in fair condition.

The University of Colorado Hospital took in the largest number of patients Friday, with 23 people brought there for treatment. On Monday, a spokesperson said nine remain there -- five in critical condition, two in fair condition and two in good condition. Thirteen patients were treated and released. One patient was among the 12 who died as a result of the shooting.

A 4-month-old boy was taken there for treatment, and hospital officials would not describe his injuries, although they said he was not shot.

The Medical Center of Aurora said it had 18 patients from the shooting, with seven of them admitted. One patient was dischared Sunday, and another was released Monday morning. Of the five patients who remain, three are in intensive care, two of them in critical condition.

Three of the injured were taken to Swedish Hospital. Two of the victims -- a 20-year-old woman and a 29-year-old man -- were last listed in critical condition, a hospital spokeswoman said Friday. The third was treated and released.

Print this article Back to Top