News

Actions

Gas leak could have led to flash fire that burned 2 sisters in Commerce City

CORP-Digital-Default-Image-1280x720-KMGH.png
Posted at 7:43 AM, May 23, 2017
and last updated 2017-05-23 17:29:25-04

COMMERCE CITY, Colo. – Two sisters were treated for burns to their hands and faces following a flash fire at a home in Commerce City.

The South Adams County Fire Department responded to a home in the 6900 block of Weiman Court around 6:30 a.m. after receiving a report of an explosion.

Firefighters said the two victims, ages 15 and 11, were in a bedroom when the sudden fire occurred. Officials said a natural gas leak could have led to the fire.

Officials said both girls were transported to Children’s Hospital Colorado for treatment.

The girls’ father and brother, also home at the time of the fire, were not hurt.