LITTLETON, Colo. -- Police are continuing their investigation into the disappearance of 36-year-old Charlene Voight and making headway with new evidence, however they need the help of the public to continue their investigation.
From before her disappearance to recent steps in the investigation, we've posted a timeline of what police know about Voight's disappearance:
- June 10: Facebook posts show Charlene graduating from Cal Poly Pomona with a degree in landscape architecture. Family members say she then moved to Colorado to be with her boyfriend, Jeffrey Scott Beier. They said she lived with him in the Summer of 2015 as well.
- June 27: Previous property owner Donald Weaver says he and Jeffrey Scott Beier closed on 5099 S. Rio Grande St., the property where police later found Charlene Voight’s Abandoned car on June 27th. Weaver said Beier immediately moved roll-off dumpsters onto the property, despite discussions that the land would need to be improved first.
- June 29: The last time anyone saw or heard from Charlene Voight.
- July 1: CBI records list July 1 as the offense date for the sexual assault charge against Jeffrey Scott Beijer. Police said the charge involves a different woman, and they discovered the crime while they were investigating Charlene’s disappearance, after the family reported her missing on July 8.
- July 8: Charlene’s concerned family members call Littleton police to report her missing after not hearing from her for more than a week.
- July 12: Jeffrey Scott Beier is arrested and held in the Arapahoe County Jail on charges of sexual assault.
Officers continue to plead for public assistance and are asking the public to call Littleton police with any information at (303) 794-1551.