News

Actions

4 townhomes heavily damaged in briquette-sparked fire in Aurora

Posted at 4:05 PM, Oct 17, 2016
and last updated 2016-10-17 23:05:31-04

AURORA, Colo. -- Discarded briquettes were the cause of a fire that heavily damaged four townhomes in Aurora Monday.

Aurora Fire says the briquettes were discarded inside a plastic bag and thrown into a plastic trash can on the deck of one of the units. Several people have been displaced.

Firefighters with Aurora Fire Rescue rushed to the 1200 block of South Zeno Way to respond to reports of a two-alarm fire. 

Upon arrival, firefighters requested assistance, triggering a third alarm when they realized more of the building was engulfed than previously believed. 

In total, officials said four townhome units were burnt out. The fire had been put out shortly after 4 p.m.

No injuries were reported as firefighters extinguished the blaze.

---------

Sign up for Denver7 email alerts to stay informed about breaking news and daily headlines.

Or, keep up-to-date by following Denver7 on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.