DENVER – Good morning! Here’s what you need to know today, Thursday, April 5, 2018.
1. Colorado lawmakers to receive sexual harassment report
A much-anticipated report about the troubling workplace climate at the Colorado General Assembly will become public later this morning. More info: http://bit.ly/2ElmYd8.
2. Boulder to hold public hearing on assault weapons ban
Boulder City Council will hold a special session to consider a ban on assault weapons, high-capacity magazines and bump stocks. The public is invited to attend a public hearing. Read more here: http://bit.ly/2GA0v23.
3. Another storm will hit Denver just in time for Opening Day
A First Alert Action Day will be issued starting Thursday afternoon as cold air and snow move into the state. Rain and snow will develop early Friday in Denver.
4. Who’s getting their marching orders
Trump and border-state governors work to "immediately" deploy the National Guard to the U.S.-Mexico border to fight illegal immigration.
5. Jury picked for Cosby retrial
Progress is made even as the comedian's defense team in the sex assault case accuses prosecutors of racial discrimination for excluding a black woman from the panel.