DENVER – Colorado Sen. Michael Bennet is hosting five town hall meetings this week across the state.
As many of Colorado’s members of Congress hold both in-person and telephone town hall meetings with constituents, these five will be among the first hosted by Bennet in two years.
His fellow senator from Colorado, Cory Gardner, was lambasted for not appearing at in-person town halls organized by others in recent months, but Bennet has largely avoided criticism from Democrats for not hosting his own. Gardner has been hosting tele-town halls in recent weeks.
Rep. Jared Polis hosted two in-person town hall meetings in northern Colorado over the weekend. Rep. Mike Coffman is also hosting a telephone town hall Wednesday evening.
Bennet is set to appear at town halls in Colorado Springs, Pueblo and Alamosa on Thursday before hosting two more, in Durango and Grand Junction, on Friday. The details for each can be found below:
- Colorado Springs – Thursday, March 16 – 11:30 a.m. -- 12:30 p.m. – Tesla Education Center, 2560 International Circle
- Pueblo – Thursday, March 16 – 1:45 p.m. – 2:45 p.m. – Pueblo Union Depot, 132 West B Street
- Alamosa – Thursday, March 16 – 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. – Rio Grande Water Conservation District, 8805 Independence Way
- Durango – Friday, March 17 – 8:15 a.m. – 9:15 a.m. – Double Tree Hotel, 501 Camino Del Rio
- Grand Junction -- Friday, March 17 -- 2:45 p.m. - 3:45 p.m. -- Colorado Mesa University, South Ballroom, 1455 N 12th Street
His office is encouraging people to come early to ensure they get a seat.