DENVER – If you typically use the RTD A Line to get to or from Union Station and the airport or home, you’ll have to make extra time or some other plans this weekend because the train will not be running from early Saturday morning until early Sunday morning.
Train service will be shut down from 3 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 17 till 3 a.m. on Sunday, Nov. 18 because of construction work on the Central Park Boulevard bridge.
But if you rely on the A Line to commute or travel back and forth between the airport, RTD will be running shuttle buses during that time.
Bus shuttles will leave Union Station every 15 minutes starting at 3:15 a.m. up until 1 a.m. the next morning. The shuttles departing DIA will begin at 4:12 a.m. and run every 15 minutes (on the :12 :27 :42 and :57) up until 1:57 a.m.
RTD advises people to plan for an additional hour of travel time between Union Station and DIA and say the full trip will take about 90 minutes.
The gates at which the buses will stop at each A Line station are as follows:
- Union Station – Gate B20
- 38th and Blake Station – EB: east side of Blake near platform; WB: west side of Blake near platform
- 40th and Colorado Station – Gate B
- Central Park Station – Gate B3
- Peoria Station – Gate E
- 40th and Airport Gateway Park Station – Gate D
- 61st and Pena Station – Gate A (near station platform)
- Denver Airport Station – Gate 9
For more information on the closure, click here.