The combination of treacherous driving conditions and crashes around Colorado have closed down multiple major roads and highways.
Keep up with the latest on closures here or our traffic radar.
CDOT is advising people to avoid westbound I-70 into the mountains, and many of the highways headed to eastern Colorado are also closed.
These are the highways that were closed as of 1 p.m. across the state:
- I-70 was closed both directions from Airpark Road (east of Denver) to the Kansas border for much of the morning. The westbound lanes of I-70 reopened between Limon and Denver at 1 p.m., and from Burlington to Limon around 1:30 p.m. Eastbound I-70 remains closed to Kansas.
- I-70 has reopened at exit 248 (Beaver Brook) near Floyd Hill after a major rockslide. US 6 has also reopened between I-70 and CO 119.
- I-70 closed westbound at Dowds Junction, between Vail and Eagle, due to a fatal crash. The eastbound lanes have reopened. CSP says the westbound lanes will likely be closed until 4 p.m. for hazmat mitigation and further investigation. A semi-truck driver was killed in the crash.
- I-76 closed both directions from Lochbuie to Nebraska border
- Highway 58 between Golden and I-70 has closed due to multiple crashes, according to CDOT
- U.S. Highway 34 closed both directions from Wiggins to Kersey
- U.S. Highway 34 closed both directions from Brush to Otis
- U.S. Highway 36 closed both directions between Estes Park and Lyons
- U.S. Highway 36 closed both directions Last Chance to Kansas
- U.S. 160 closed both directions between mile markers 262 and 304 over La Veta Pass
- U.S. Highway 287 closed both directions from Ted’s Place to Wyoming
- Northbound U.S. 385 closed at Burlington
- CO 52 closed both directions from Hudson to Wiggins
- CO 52 closed both directions Fort Morgan to State Highway 14
- CO 71 closed both directions Limon to Brush
- CO 86 closed both directions Kiowa to I-70
- Southbound CO 86 closed at Kentuck Ave. in Lakewood
- Highway 287 is closed between Wiley and Limon