Cañon City police turned over its investigation of the high school's sexting scandal to the district attorney's office Monday.
KRDO reports that so far, no charges have been filed, District Attorney Thom LeDoux said. But his office began its review of the case Monday. He said his office can still decide to file charges.
LeDoux said he will meet with Cañon City RE-1 Superintendent George Welsh and the city's police chief Tuesday morning to discuss the case.
Hundreds of Cañon City High School students are under investigation for taking and sharing nude photos. That investigation began in early November.
Police said students were taking photos on an app called Photo Vault. It was brought to the schools attention when two students came forward saying they were concerned.