New video has been released in the Northern Colorado shootings investigation from last year.
There were at least six shootings between April and September 2015 that targeted drivers, a cyclist, a pedestrian and even a medical center and a school. Two people were killed; one woman was seriously injured.
New video released
The new video released this week shows a motorcyclist being followed by an orange pickup truck on June 3, 2015, around 10:30 p.m.
The driver of the orange truck shot at the motorcyclist moments later, but missed, investigators said. However, investigators said the driver shot at a man on a street corner 12 minutes later and killed that man -- William Connole.
The Northern Colorado Shooting Task Force is asking for the public’s assistance in identifying anyone who was in the area of Denver Avenue and Highway 34 around the time this video was taken and may have seen the truck.
The truck is a 1973-1987 Chevy/GMC orange pickup. The task force has been looking for the orange pick-up truck in connection with the June 3 shootings since last year. Investigators said the truck has a full-size bed and might possibly be a 1973-1979 model GM pickup based on the round headlight shape.
In April, officials expanded the model years to 1973 to 1987, after a review of intelligence in the case and witness interviews.
The June 3 shootings were the third and fourth shootings investigated by the task force.
Three pairs of shootings linked
In addition to linking the June 3 shootings, authorities have said two other pairs of the shootings in Northern Colorado last year were also linked.
The other linked cases are:
- Shootings No. 1 and No. 2. In shooting No. 1, Cori Romero , a Milliken woman, was shot in the neck while she was driving on Interstate 25, near Harmony Road, on the night of April 22. She survived. In shooting No. 2, John Jacoby, 48, was shot and killed on the morning of May 18 while riding his bike north of Windsor, on County Road 15, just south of County Road 72.
- Incidents No. 5 and 6 took place on Sunday, September 13, and involved two buildings getting hit by gunfire in Fort Collins . In shooting No. 5, the Banner Fort Collins Medical Center on Lady Moon Drive reported that its building was struck by gunfire. There were people inside, but no one was hurt. Shooting No. 6 happened at Cottonwood Plains Elementary School on Turman Drive. No one was at the school at the time and no one was hurt.
In April, authorities said while each pair of shootings was connected by forensic evidence, the pairs of shootings are not connected to each other.
"I can say with a high degree of confidence that these were intentional acts and not accidental," Larimer County Sheriff's Office Captain Bob Coleman said during an update in April from the Northern Colorado Shooting Task Force.
Investigators said they are also looking for a suspect vehicle in shootings no. 5 and no. 6 -- a black over red Mini Cooper, 2002-2007.
Task force investigation statistics
Task Force officials said their funding has been extended until October, and they will continue to investigate as long as tips are coming in and there are leads to follow.
The Task Force has received more than 5,100 tips. They've conducted more than 1,000 interviews, according to Larimer County Sheriff's Office spokesman David Moore.
Moore said 12 persons of interest have been cleared in the investigation.
There were also several incidents of vehicle window shattering on I-25 in Northern Colorado in 2015.
"None of the reports of shattered or broken windows have been linked to shootings under investigation by the Task Force," Moore said.
The Federal Bureau of Investigation's $50,000 reward is still available. It is for information leading to the arrest, prosecution and conviction of the individual(s) responsible for the four original shootings.
If you have information regarding the shootings, call the Tip Line at 970-498-5595 or e-mail email@example.com .