DENVER — In 2016, the Latino Leadership Institute, under the leadership of Joelle Martinez, created the Colorado Latino Hall of Fame. Categories were identified to help honor Latino leaders who achieved extraordinary success in various areas.
The six categories are: Arts/Entertainment/Media/Sports, Business/Innovation/Science/Technology, Community Service/Philanthropy, Legacy, Luminary and Public Service.
The stories of Latino Leadership have often gone untold when studying Colorado’s rich history. From building communities and businesses to leading in the public sector, the Latino footprint in Colorado is undeniable.
One of the goals of the program is to capture and share the stories of Latinos who have changed lives, built enterprises, and brought hope to neighborhoods and communities across our state.
Here is the list of the 2019 inductees in their respective categories:
- Arts, Entertainment, Media and Sports: Francisco “Paco” Sanchez
- Business, Innovation, Science, and Technology: Mike Shaw
- Community Service and Philanthropy: Emma G. Martinez
- Legacy: Olibama Lopez Tushar
- Luminary: Sister Alicia Cuaron
- Public Service: Hon. Christine M. Arguello
- The Colorado Latino Hall of Fame ensures that the Latino legacy of leadership is honorably recognized and never forgotten.