DENVER – Colorado was in store for a wet weekend, from snow in the mountains to storms across the Denver area and the plains on Saturday.
Here's a running list of events and roads impacted by the weather:
• Mt Evans Highway (State Highway 5) will remain closed through weekend due to additional snowfall and adverse road conditions.
• City of Longmont closing most underpasses across city as precaution due to heavy precip. and high water levels.
• Trail Ridge Road in RMNP (see picture above) is temporarily closed due to snow drifts, ice and wintry weather conditions. Closure extends from Rainbow Curve on east side, 12 miles from east entrances, and Colorado River on the west side, 10 miles from Grand Lake Entrance. TRR not open Saturday. Rangers and park snowplow operators encountered 1 to 5 foot drifts Saturday.
• Goat Yoga Festival at Mt. Vernon Canyon Club in Golden is canceled Saturday due to weather. Rescheduled for morning of July 20.
• Grand reopening of Anderson Park in Wheat Ridge has been moved to next Saturday, June 29, due to weather.
• Frederick Hot Air Balloon flight canceled.
• Frisco Bay Marina has rescheduled the New Belgium Timberline Cruiser Regatta on Sunday due to snow. Event has been moved to Aug. 31.
The Vail Pass clean-up scheduled by ECO Trails has been canceled due to bad weather. Will reschedule when summer arrives.
Brighton Art in the Park in canceled for Saturday due to weather. New date not set yet.
Longmont Saturday Pops with a Cop canceled. Looking to reschedule for July.