News

Actions

Kitten rescued from building with severe carbon monoxide leak

CORP-Digital-Default-Image-1280x720-KMGH.png
Posted at 12:26 PM, Sep 02, 2016
and last updated 2016-09-02 14:26:48-04

BOULDER, Colo. -- Quick thinking and rapid response spared residents and animals inside a Boulder apartment building from carbon monoxide poisoning. 

Boulder Fire-Rescue rushed to Canyon Road where a project manager called for assistance after piecing together the building had a carbon monoxide leak.

The manager reported he heard an unknown alarm ringing out, then soon after received a request for help from a woman who said she felt sick. 

When firefighters arrived at the scene at about 9 a.m., they evacuated the building, then began taking tests. 

The building reportedly had more than 55 times the maximum recommended level of carbon monoxide in a building. 

Firefighters rescued a host of residents, including three dogs, and two cats -- including a cute kitten, who had to be checked for carbon monoxide poisoning. 

The building will be ventilated, and construction crews will have to fix the leak in the boiler room. 

---------

Sign up for Denver7 email alerts to stay informed about breaking news and daily headlines.

Or, keep up-to-date by following Denver7 on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.