DENVER — A new shopping experience is coming to Cherry Creek.
Earlier this month, 300 small businesses joined together to transform an old Bed Bath & Beyond building at the Cherry Creek Mall into a new business venture — The District Shops.
This local merchant movement combines popular pop-up marketplaces, free-standing boutique shops and street markets in one place, and will be open every day.
The District Shops is located at 2500 E. First Ave. #A100, across S. University Boulevard from the Denver Country Club. The center is divided into seven parts, or “districts,” according to a release.
The sections include:
- The Vintage District: Shoppers looking for repurposed and upcycled vintage finds will feel right at home here
- The Boutique District: From chic to boho styles, shop curators have traveled the world to bring the latest in fashion, accessories and jewelry back to Denver
- The Spa District: Find locally sourced and locally made products, or make spa products yourself
- The 5280 District: For all the Denver residents who want to brag about their love for their state, this part of The District Shops will feature flags, gifts and gear with a Colorado focus
- The Little’s District: From dresses to sport equipment, parents can find what they need for their children here
- The Gentlemen’s District: This district features items ranging from man candles and beard oils to leather wallets and lamps, all with a masculine feel
- The Food District: Feeling hungry? You can find locally sourced, locally made varieties of culinary treats that you can eat on the spot or take home for dinner
The District Shops is open now, but will hold a grand opening June 23, with specials running from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Festivities, including food trucks, music and more will begin at 1 p.m. Customers are invited to browse the two floors and 62,000 square feet of small, independent shops.