DENVER -- Good morning! Here’s what you need to know today, Tuesday, Feb. 20, 2018.
1. First Alert Action Day Temperatures are around 0 degrees in Denver this morning and roads are packed with several inches of snow that fell last night. Drive carefully if you're heading out this morning. Today will stay very cold with a couple more inches of snow possible in the mountains and some flurries on the eastern plains.
2. Schools delayed or closed today
A number of schools in the Denver area are delayed today and a few are closed because of the weather. Find a full list of closures here.
3. Extra security following school threat
There will be extra security at Dakota Ridge and Columbine high schools this morning after a threat was posted on social media. The district says the person posted the threat as a "joke," but that person will likely face criminal charges.
4. Help decide how Denver grows
The next series of Blueprint Denver workshops starts tonight at Jefferson High School. Learn more about the city's growth plan at denvergov.org.
5. Canadians make Olympic history
Star figure skaters Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir won the gold medal in ice dancing at Pyeongchang yesterday, becoming the most decorated figure skaters in Olympic history.