CRESTED BUTTE, Colo. — A fire completely destroyed a Crested Butte home overnight, but all residents were able to escape safely.
The Crested Butte Fire Protection District said it was called to a structure fire at 11:30 p.m. on Monday. Thanks to help from the Gunnison Volunteer Fire Department shuttling water from the trucks, they were able to get the fire under control.
All residents were able to escape the home and no injuries were reported.
The home is still smoldering, so smoke may be visible as drivers come into town, according to fire officials.
The Crested Butte Fire Protection District said the area is safe and there is no need to call 911.