News

Actions

Graphic photos: Baby burned at preschool

Posted: 8:28 PM, Dec 20, 2015
Updated: 2015-12-21 03:56:19Z
Graphic photos: Baby burned at preschool
Graphic photos: Baby burned at preschool
Graphic photos: Baby burned at preschool
Graphic photos: Baby burned at preschool

Pictures above may be too intense for some

Family members are showing how badly a toddler was burned at his preschool.

It happened earlier this week at A Child's View Preschool in Lakewood.

The toddler suffered burns to his arms and legs. He pulled a crock-pot of hot water onto himself on Monday.

Pictures show blisters and peeling skin on the boy.

State shuts down school after boy was badly burned

In a statement, the boy's parents said:

“When our son was burned, the center did not call 911. Instead, they called Brittany three separate times and never called Danny, who was literally across the street. We still don’t know how long our son suffered before he received care.

Prior to placing our son at this center, we did all of the homework that any normal parent does. We toured the facility and looked for violations at the appropriate sites online. We were unaware of how hard it is to find violations, which is why we want to tell our story. We want other parents to dig deeper into their center’s record, whether they are searching for a new center or they have been at a center for years. It’s important to be diligent and to regularly look into a daycare center’s government records.

We also want the other parents whose children were at A Child’s View to know that we are sorry they have had to scramble for new daycare options, but this was not a minor burn. Our son has suffered tremendously and we are struggling to manage the financial, emotional and medical requirements of his care. Please keep him in your thoughts as he faces these injuries.”

The parents say the school called them instead. They're encouraging other parents to dig into school records.

A Child's View's license has been suspended.