It's a house that belongs in movies, but it's been built in Evergreen.
This amazing chateau is the "largest residential undertaking in Evergreen," according to LIV Sotheby's International Realty.
"The magnitude of the house is just impressive," listing agent Whitney Cain said. "It’s pretty spectacular. It’s an iconic property."
The 21,000+-square-foot home is 1.2 miles from Upper Bear Creek Road and six miles from Evergreen Lake.
It was modeled after the Biltmore Mansion in Asheville, NC.
"This limestone masterpiece is 9 years in the making and a true marvel of craftsmanship and design," LIV Sotheby's listing said.
Step inside this amazing home to the incredible kitchen with multiple places for cooking and prep work.
Look carefully at the kitchen pictures and you'll see two sink areas and expansive counters.
Inside the kitchen -- look up. The kitchen features brick ceilings.
And next to the kitchen, here is an incredible place for your dining room table, complete with a fireplace and floor-to-ceiling windows with great views.
"It has commanding views of Mount Evans and the valley below, which are breathtaking," Cain said.
Let's go upstairs...
Everywhere you look, the home is completely unique in design details and finishes.
"A community of craftsmen have worked closely with the homeowners and the architect to insure that each piece of stone, stained and diamond cut glass, wrought iron and the 126 chandeliers were all individually created to suit the Castle's design," according to LIV Sotheby's.
Want some ideas for redesigning your bathroom?
How about a deep, soaking tub with a view? And a bathroom that's probably larger than some studio apartments.
A second bathroom also features a deep, soaking tub. There are eight bathrooms in the home.
As for bedrooms, there are six of those. And the home has more than four fireplaces.
One of those fireplaces is outside.
"Multiple bubble balconies and stone decks invite all who enter to linger and soak in the beauty of one of Colorado's most majestic peaks," LIV Sotheby's said.
One interesting note, the home is unfinished.
The owners want to travel and spend more time with their grandchildren. They've left some rooms unfinished.
"They want to let the new homeowner finish them accordingly," Cain said.
This incredible home sits on 35 acres and is for sale for $17,500,000.
Learn more on the LIV Sotheby's International Realty website.
See more Extreme Homes of Colorado:
- Troy Tulowitzki's 14,000-square foot house for sale in Cherry Hills Village
- Todd Helton's Tuscan-style estate in Brighton for sale for $2,295,000
- Evergreen home on Little Cub Creek Road features meadow, mountain views
- 1931 custom-built "castle" for sale for $1.9M
- $12.5M unrivaled European estate in Bachelor Gulch
- The designer condo above Cherry Creek Hermès you didn't know about
- See Aspen's Summit House, at the top of Red Mountain, listing price $65M
- 'Pretty Woman Ranch' estate for sale for $8.9M in Castle Pines North
- 143-acres waterfront country estate in Boulder County listed for $5,750,000
- Go behind the gates of a modern and contemporary Castle Pines estate
- Inside Tom Cruise's $59M Telluride alpine estateT
- Traditional brick home in Denver's Country Club neighborhood
- Private residence at Denver's Four Seasons Hotel
- Rare penthouse condo at 25 Downing Street for sale
- French Provincial in Denver listed for $3,675,000
- $4M home by Denver Country Club was originally built for Chipotle founder
- Hollywood producer selling Vail home near golf course for almost $20M
- Auraria Parkway loft features walls of windows, 15+ high ceilings