The James Beard Foundation released its list of semifinalists for its prestigious 2019 Restaurant and Chef Awards on Wednesday, and eight restaurants and chefs in Colorado made the cut.
The JBF aims to celebrate and honor chefs and other leaders in the United States’ food industry who create delicious, diverse and sustainable dishes. The nonprofit is based in New York City.
The following Colorado restaurants and chefs were named semifinalists on Wednesday:
· Best new restaurant: Q House, Denver
· Outstanding baker: Andy Clark of Moxie Bread Co., Louisville
· Outstanding service: Frasca Food and Wine, Boulder
· Outstanding wine program: element 47 at the Little Nell, Aspen
· Best chef in the southwest: Caroline Glover of Annette, Aurora
· Best chef in the southwest: Kelly Whitaker of The Wolf’s Tailor, Denver
· Outstanding pastry chef: Jeb Breakell of The Wolf’s Tailor, Denver
· Outstanding wine, spirits or beer producer: Todd Leopold and Scott Leopold of Leopold Bros., Denver
The final restaurant and chef award nominees will be named on March 27 in Houston at 10 a.m. E.T.