DENVER — Denver first responders went above and beyond to revive a four-legged friend following a fire Wednesday.
Crews were called out to the 2400 block of Pontiac Street for a small fire. Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the blaze.
During their search, firefighters found a dog that was overwhelmed by smoke. The fire department worked with Denver Health paramedics to revive the dog.
The #DenverFireDepartment responded to a fire at 2405 Pontiac & quickly extinguished a small fire. During their search #DFD firefighters found a dog overwhelmed by smoke & then worked with@DHParamedics to revive the pup who was turned over to@DDPHE #AnimalControl@CityofDenver pic.twitter.com/xPsF8j4NQO
— Denver Fire Department (@Denver_Fire) December 22, 2021
The dog was turned over to animal control.