Colorado State University has named its top five perennials for the Rocky Mountain's environmental conditions.
The winners come from their performance in CSU's Flower Trial Garden. Colorado State Extension master gardeners plant and maintain the garden.
"The Rocky Mountain region has unique growing conditions, characterized by high altitude, intense solar radiation, drying winds, severe hailstorms, large fluctuations between day and night temperatures and a season-long need for irrigation," officials said.
The 2019 winners were:
- Geum RUSTICO™ Orange from Terra Nova Nurseries
- Flame New Improved Purple from Dummen Orange
- KISMET Raspberry Coneflower from Terra Nova Nurseries
- Gaillardia SpinTop Yellow Touch from Dummen Orange
- Delosperma Alan’s Apricot from Plant Select