DENVER – A 27-year-old man was killed late Monday night when he was struck by three vehicles while he was walking in the lanes of traffic on Interstate 25 near Castle Pines.
The reports that the man had been hit first came in around 10 p.m. on Monday, Colorado State Patrol Trooper Josh Lewis said. The man had been walking in traffic near mile marker 190 on It-25 when he was struck by a car and two other vehicles.
Two of the drivers remained at the scene, but the second driver to hit the man initially believed they had only hit debris. They called CSP later when realizing they had hit a person, Lewis said.
Lewis said troopers were unsure why the man, who has not been identified, was walking on the interstate.
He said it did not appear to be the case that any of the drivers would face citations or charges.
The lanes of traffic that were shut down reopened around 2 a.m. Tuesday.