GATEWAY, Colo. – A sprawling ranch now on the market in western Colorado offers a unique opportunity to live among dinosaur fossils, historic ruins and some of the best views in the state.
Discovery Channel founder and former chairman John Hendricks is selling the property – dubbed West Creek Ranch – for $149 million.
The 6,919-acre property straddles the Colorado-Utah state line and comprises four separate parcels with incredible views, fascinating artifacts and great hunting:
Gill Meadows parcel:
This portion of the property contains the historic ruins of Driggs Mansion, located in Unaweep Canyon.
Blue Creek parcel:
The remote Blue Creek portion is known for its bear and mountain lion habitat.
Sky Mesa parcel:
More than 4,000 acres in the Sky Mesa parcel fall into the Cottonwood Canyon nature habitat and wilderness area, which has been set aside for protection, meaning no new roads or buildings can be built there.
West Creek Ranch Headquarters:
This portion of the ranch contains the main residence, a 22,000-square-foot, four-story home with eight bedrooms and eight bathrooms. Also included: An art studio, movie theater, game room and gym, staff quarters, pool and spa, library, five-car garage and helipad.
Did we mention the property also has its own astronomical observatory?
Separate from the ranch, the buyer also will take ownership of an office building and hangar at Grand Junction Regional Airport.
Click or tap the image below to see more photos of the ranch.
For more information on West Creek Ranch, log on to livsothebysrealty.com.
Check out more Colorado Dream Homes:
- $5.3M Denver Country Club home is made for entertaining
- $49M Aspen estate includes guest house, stable
- $22.2M Longmont estate boasts horse barn, polo field, guest house on 118 acres
- Renovated 1943 farmhouse in Cherry Hills Village listed for $4.25 million
- Castle Pines Village estate with private spa, underground parking goes up for auction
- Sprawling $4.75M Cherry Hills Village estate sits on 5.2 acres
- $7.6M Denver Country Club home boasts vintage style, modern amenities
- $13M Denver Grand Penthouse on the market, doubles first sale price
- $30 million Aspen home is most expensive sale in years
- Inside Oprah’s $14 million Telluride home