DENVER — The city’s public libraries are getting into the bike repair business — sort of.
The Denver Public Library announced Wednesday that it now has bike repair kits available to check out at all of its 26 branches.
Patrons with a library card will be able to check out repair tools for up to two hours.
Each kit contains basic tools to repair tires or adjust your ride:
• One dual-valve pump with pressure gauge for inflating tires
• One set of Allen and 15mm wrenches for minor adjustments
• One adjustable wrench for minor adjustments
• One set of tire levers to remove/replace a tire
• Tube patches, sandpaper and glue for patching a hole in a tube
• Illustrated instructions (English/Spanish) for fixing a flat tire
The Denver Community Active Living Coalition provided the kits.