AURORA, Colo. — The City of Aurora is giving away a $50 gift certificate to the resident who reports the biggest pothole.
The city says all potholes are repaired within 24 hours or by the next working day following the report.
Residents can call 303-326-8200 to enter the contest or send your name, phone number, address and the location of the pothole to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Entries will be posted based upon the date and time the e-mail is received. Winners will be notified by mail. You may enter as many times as you wish; however, the award is given to the first entry received reporting the largest pothole.
Pothole of the Month Contest Rules:
1. The pothole must be a true pothole (not a trench failure or uncovered cut).
2. Cracks alone aren't considered potholes (unless they're really wide).
3. Prizes are awarded to the first person to report the largest pothole (by volume). Calls are time-stamped by the operator; electronic entries are time-stamped when received by our server.
4. You may submit a pothole up until midnight on the last day of the month. Any entries submitted after that will be eligible for the next month's award.
5. You may only win once in any two-month period. If you are the first to report the largest pothole but you won the previous month, the award will go to the next person who reported the pothole. If no one else reported the pothole, the prize will go to the first person who reported the second largest pothole that month.
Winners will receive official notification by mail.