DENVER – Broncos fans were joined by Denver Mayor Michael Hancock, NFL and Broncos brass and past NFL stars Wednesday at Civic Center Park, which has been renamed “Kickoff Village” for the start of the NFL season.
Family events, autograph sessions and concerts are scheduled for the celebration, which runs through Thursday evening ahead of the season opener as the Broncos host the Carolina Panthers.
Here are seven things you can do at Kickoff Village on Orange Thursday in Denver:
1. Get autographs from your favorite former Broncos and other NFL stars.
Charles Tillman, Clinton Portis, John Lynch and Ed McCaffrey were among the former stars signing autographs Wednesday.
Thursday, even more former Broncos will be signing autographs:
- Autograph Stage presented by Visit Mexico:
- Rod Smith (10:00-11:00 a.m.)
- Steve Atwater (11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.)
- Karl Mecklenburg (2:00-3:30 p.m.)
- Brandon Stokley (3:30-5:00 p.m.)
- Ed Mccaffrey (11:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m.)
- Rod Smith (12:00-2:00 p.m.)
- DJ Williams (12:30-1:30 p.m.)
- Champ Bailey (2:00-3:00 p.m.)
- Steve Atwater (3:30-5:00 p.m.)
- Muhsin Muhammad (4:30-5:30 p.m.)
2. Go to a free Dierks Bentley and OneRepublic concert.
The two acts will perform Thursday evening. Fans can enter the concert site from Broadway Ave. or West Colfax starting at 3 p.m.
3. Run the Peyton Manning Retirement Combine (presented by DirecTV)
The NFL and DirecTV have set up a “retirement combine” where people test their skills in an obstacle course of chores.
4. Get your picture taken with the Vince Lombardi Trophy and past Super Bowl rings
5. Dress the kids up like an NFL star
6. Meet and take photos with the Broncos cheerleaders from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday
7. Get your picture taken with Miles, the Denver Broncos Mascot
For more information on the event, click here.