DENVER -- Looking for something fun to do this weekend? Check out these safe and socially-distant options in Denver and beyond!
- The Denver Scholarship Foundation’s (DSF) Annual Gala is going virtual! Beginning on Monday, October 5, DSF is kicking off their Spirit Week, which will offer opportunities to participate in short activities and experiences to learn more about DSF’s three-part program while spotlighting the DSF Scholar and Alumni voices that serve as the heartbeat of their work. Their Spirit Week celebration will culminate on Thursday, October 8 with the DSF Virtual Gala 2020: Celebrating with Sprit, a special evening event to honor stories, thrive through transitions and support their students from the comfort of your home.
- Celebrate Halloween all month long at Denver Zoo! From October 1 – October 31, join Denver Zoo daily for Boo at the Zoo: Storybook Safari – a modified, masked version of Denver’s family favorite! Throughout the zoo, classic animal stories and fairy tales come to life with costumed characters, mythical creatures, unforgettable animal experience and food fit for a king or queen! Get the whole family suited up in a costume and celebrate Halloween in a safe way that’s social distanced and candy-free.
- Celebrate all that is fall at the Pumpkin Harvest Festival at Four Mile Historic Park! Fall into some old-fashioned fun during this annual event. This celebration will feature live music, food trucks, pioneer games and a pumpkin patch. There will be activities for all ages! The event will take place Friday and Saturday from 9am-8pm and Sunday from 9am-6pm. A timed ticket must be purchased in advance and guarantees you a 90-minute experience in the park.
- The 50 year old tradition continues at Reinke Brothers Haunted Mansion. From now until November 1, enjoy what families and haunted house enthusiast have loved and talked about for years. Head here to learn more about tickets and policies.
- Join SHYFT for the Urban Harvest Festival to celebrate the changing seasons. There will be fall-themed photo opportunities, a fresh produce stand, festive drives and food, a mini dance class, kids crafts, goodie bags and more! The event will take place from October 1 – October 4 at SHYFT at Mile High. Masks and temperature checks will be required.
- Wings Over the Rockies presents World War II and You. While this year marks the 75th Anniversary of the end of WWII, the amazing technological developments of that period are still affecting your life today. In this exhibit, you will learn about technologies and ideas developed during the war that are still impacting our lives in surprising ways. Purchase your tickets today!
- This year marks the 20th anniversary of the Longmont Museum’s annual Día de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) exhibition and programs. The exhibit makes a return to the Museum’s main gallery this fall for a special exhibit of community ofrendas (alters) and the artwork of renowned Colorado artist Tony Ortega. Ortega’s lifelong goal is to contribute to a better understanding of diversity by addressing culture, history and the experience of Latinx people through his vibrant art. The exhibit will include his paintings, prints , mixed media works, illustrations and the newly commissioned original downtown mural in honor of their 20th Día de los Muertos anniversary. Head here to learn more.