As we're all still stuck at home, here are seven fun — and informational — things to do with your kids:
1. Using Google Art & Culture, you can take a virtual tour of museums throughout the world, tour national parks and travel the world from your sofa using their “couch travel recommendations.”
2. The Denver Zoo’s “Zoo to You Virtual Safari” brings you daily animal interactions through the animal care staff as they provide vital care for their nearly 3,000 animals!
3. You can download Nasa’s mobile app for free to take a virtual tour of its educational facilities. They are also offering VR experiences and astronaut selfies!
4. The only thing that’s better than reading a good story is hearing it read from space! Story Time from Space sends children’s books to the International Space Station, where books are read on video by astronauts as they are in orbit.
5. iNaturalist can connect you to people who are excited about exploring and cataloging the world around them. You don’t even need to leave your yard to record, share and learn about the organisms you find.
6. Whether you want to see African wildlife, polar bears at Wapusk National Park, or sharks in the Atlantic Ocean, Live Webcams can plug you into distance places all around the world.
7. Kitchen Classroom is releasing recipes, hands-on activities and experiments, and fun food quizzes for kids each week! They post one or two simpler recipes or activities on weekdays and a bigger project that the whole family can accomplish on Saturday or Sunday. They are working to make sure that they include pantry-friendly recipes as much as possible to minimize grocery runs.