DENVER -- Good morning! Here’s what you need to know today, Monday, Dec. 19, 2017.
1. Train topples off overpass, killing at least 3
An Amtrak train making the first-ever run along a faster new route hurtles off an overpass near Tacoma, Washington, and spills some of its cars onto the highway below in a deadly crash.
2. 'America is coming back and coming back strong'
Trump declares a new national security strategy, stressing the "America first" message of his 2016 campaign.
3. How tax overhaul is shaping up
A nonpartisan group says the Republican tax bill would cut taxes on average for all income groups next year, with bigger reductions for upper-income people.
4. Front-runner emerges for South African presidency
Cyril Ramaphosa, the new leader of South Africa's ruling African National Congress, has risen from prominent anti-apartheid activist to become one of the country's wealthiest businessmen.
5. What's complicating holiday travel
The nation's air-travel system struggles to get back on schedule after a power outage at the Atlanta airport forced the cancellation of over 1,400 flights.