Good morning and happy Friday! Here are 5 Things to Know for Friday, Jan. 18, 2019.
1. The driver shot by authorities in Evans has been identified as a deputy
The person is a deputy with Adams County Sheriff's Office , though other details are unclear. The deputy was not on duty and was not in uniform. Authorities have released his condition.
2. Coroner's office confirmed bull rider died of blunt force trauma
Mason Lowe, the 25-year-old bull rider who died from injuries Tuesday evening, had been competing in Denver. He was ranked 18th in the world. The coroner confirmed he died of blunt force injuries to his chest.
3. Should full-day kindergarten be free for Colorado parents?
While most agree with the idea, some are wondering how the state will pay for it. We went 360 to look at how this sort of program would work, how we'd pay for it and how much families could save.
4. Womxn's March planned for Saturday
Women and men, but also transgender, non-binary and genderqueer persons, will march this weekend. This year, Colorado’s chapter has opted for a more inclusive message: intersectionality. Learn more about the march here .
5. Looking for something fun to do this weekend?
We looked through all sorts of events and happenings to bring you the 7 best things to do in Colorado Saturday and Sunday. Check it out here .