Good morning! Here are 5 Things to Know for Tuesday, Jan. 15, 2019.
1. Two people have died following shootings in Aurora
Aurora police responded to a home early this morning to find an armed man, who opened fire on them. Police fatally shot the suspect and then found a wounded man inside the home, who later died at a hospital. Here's what we know.
2. Families are accusing a mental health facility of holding patients for insurance money
Complaints have led the state to investigate Clear View Behavioral Health in Johnstown. “It's a for-profit hospital,” said the father of a patient struggling with stress in school. “They had already started pinging insurance to see how much they could get paid." Read our story here.
3. A Denver mom is pleading for answers after a fatal hit-and-run
A Denver mother has many unanswered questions — it's been two years since her son was hit and killed along the 16th Street Mall. There's never been an arrest in the case.
4. Chris Watts' Frederick home will go to auction
The home, which is located on the Saratoga Trail, will be auctioned off to the highest bidder on April 17.
5. Suspect caused $1.9 million in damages at Denver Art Museum
A representative of the Denver Art Museum told police the facility suffered nearly $2 million in losses following the vandalism spree last month in which a suspect damaged centuries-old artifacts.