A fire in Denver's Capitol Hill neighborhood booted 14 people from their homes.
The brick is charred on the side of the apartment building at 10th and Pennsylvania, and a board is covering a wall.
Firefighters arrived just before 10 p.m. Wednesday to find smoke and fire. People were inside at the time flames broke out.
Crews helped people escape safely but one person was taken to the hospital.
An online search shows this building is an assisted living facility for seniors.
"It kind of puts it in perspective. You get comfortable living where you live but when you see something that close to where you live it makes you wonder. It makes you worry, what could happen from day to day?" witness Greg Levertentz said to Denver7 reporter Jason Gruenauer.
Investigators don't know what sparked this.