NewsLocal News


Person injured in Aurora apartment fire, gas leak dies in hospital

aurora fire rescue gas leak radcliff.png
Posted at 6:09 AM, Jul 29, 2022
and last updated 2022-07-29 20:15:09-04

AURORA, Colo. — The person who was seriously injured in a fire at an Aurora apartment complex early Friday morning has died.

Natural gas also leaked for hours in the 16300 block of East Radcliff Place where a fire is now under control, according to Aurora Fire Rescue. By around 7 a.m., the gas leak was also mitigated.

Firefighters were first called to the scene shortly after 3:30 a.m. for a report of a fire at the two-story apartment complex. They found one person who needed medical care, and AFR said that person’s injuries are considered life-threatening.

AFR reported that the fire was under control as of 4:48 p.m., but the gas leak was still active as of that time.

It’s not clear how seriously the apartments are damaged or how many units are impacted.

1 seriously injured, gas leak still active at Aurora apartment fire

Fire investigators arrived on scene to learn more about what happened.

Most of the fire damage was contained to one unit and residents in adjacent homes are expected to be allowed to return to their homes soon.