Neighbor saves toddler with CPR

Posted at 10:20 AM, Aug 11, 2016
and last updated 2016-08-11 12:20:48-04

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -- A two-year-old girl who stopped breathing and lost consciousness was saved by a neighbor who knew CPR.

The toddler was taking a bath with her mother Wednesday afternoon in Colorado Springs when the girl had what officers believe was a seizure, police said.

The child stopped breathing.

Police said the mother grabbed the child, jumped out of the tub and ran to her husband in another room.

"A neighbor from an adjacent building in the apartment complex heard the parents' cries for help and began CPR on the little girl," Colorado Springs police said. "By the time the paramedics arrived, the toddler had regained consciousness."

The toddler was taken to the hospital to be checked out, police said.


Sign up for Denver7 email alerts to stay informed about breaking news and daily headlines.

Or, keep up-to-date by following Denver7 on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.