LITTLETON, Colo. -- A fire damaged the cart barn at the Columbine Valley Country Club in Littleton Friday morning.
When fire crews arrived at 4:30 a.m., they found smoke coming from the aluminum-sided building.
Fire crews had to saw through the walls to fight the fire.
Inside the building was about 45 golf carts, batteries and propane tanks, officials said.
One witness told Denver7 he heard popping noises coming from the area around 1:30 a.m.
Columbine Valley Country Club is in the middle of what they're calling "a massive renovation project" of the pool and the clubhouse. The project includes new dining facilities, new locker rooms and new tennis and swim shops.