Smoking dryer vent forces dogs, people to evacuate

DENVER - Smoke at a laundromat forced people and dogs to evacuate at least two businesses in West Washington Park on Monday morning.

Denver Fire said the smoke at Earl's Laundromat on South Pearl Street was caused by a loose dryer vent and that there was no fire.

The laundromat, and Gidget's Grooming Salon next door, were evacuated for about a half hour.

A worker at Gidget's told 7NEWS they had to evacuate, along with a half dozen dogs who were in for grooming.

The worker said Gidget's didn't have any damage.

Print this article Back to Top