As you prepare for your Fourth of July festivities, be aware of these street closures:
SATURDAY, JULY 2
- Beginning at 6:00am until 6:00am on Monday, July 4, Bannock Street will be closed between Colfax and 13th Avenues. Please note, this also includes the Bannock Street Bike Lane.
SUNDAY, JULY 3
- Beginning at 8:00am until 11:00pm Cherokee Street will be closed between Colfax and 13th Avenues.
- Beginning at 8:00am until 3:00am on Monday, July 4, 14th Avenue will be closed between Delaware and Broadway. Please note, this also includes the 14th Avenue Bike Lane.
- Beginning at 6:00pm until 11:00pm Broadway will be closed between Colfax and 14th Avenues.
- Please note, there may be a temporary full closure during the event for fireworks safety from 9:15pm until 10:30pm along Colfax Avenue between Cherokee and Bannock Streets.
Denver Public Works also encourages people to consider taking other modes of transportation to Civic Center Park, which is easily accessible by light rail, bike, and bus including the free 16th Street MallRide and the free Downtown MetroRide.
Information on nearby B-cycle bike-sharing locations is also available at denver.bcycle.com . Bike racks will be available on the north and south sides of Civic Center Park.
Parking is available at nearby surface lots and parking garages, including the Cultural Garage at 12th and Broadway, the Denver Justice Center Garage at 490 W. 14th Ave., and Central Parking lots/garages at 1530 Cleveland Place, Denver Pavilions (15th & Welton ),1256 Delaware, 1440 Tremont, 1200-1300 blocks of Cherokee and 1745 Sherman.
A close-in drop-off location will be accessible from eastbound Colfax in front of the McNichols Civic Center Building at144 W. Colfax Avenue.