CASTLE ROCK, Colo -- After evacuating part of a Castle Rock neighborhood Wednesday morning, the Castle Rock Fire chief told Denver7 all of the chemicals have been removed from a home.
It was nearly a month ago that authorities first found the chemicals in a house in the 400 block of West Prestwick Way.
Officers found the chemicals when they went to the home of a teenager who had been arrested on suspicion of possessing a handgun, building a homemade bomb and making threats over social media.
Thirty or so homes were evacuated on Oct. 31 and Nov. 1 as police, fire, hazmat crews, the FBI and ATF assessed the situation. A Douglas County bomb squad detonated two explosive devices behind the home.
Since then, Castle Rock Fire and Rescue has been monitoring and working with a licensed and approved chemical contractor to safely remove any existing chemicals from the home, officials said.
Tuesday afternoon, a chemist found possibly explosive materials.
Officials evacuated eight homes Wednesday morning while those final chemicals were removed.
Just before 11 a.m., calls started going out to the evacuees letting them know they could return home.
Authorities have released very little information about the teenager who lived in the home and a second teenager arrested in the case.