AURORA, Colo. -- It’s the most wonderful time of the year, but it’s also the busiest time of the year for the United States Postal Service.
U.S. Postal Service employees are working around the clock as we inch closer to the holidays, and to better help you deliver gifts this holiday season to family and friends, the USPS is offering tips to make sure your package gets where you need it to go on time.
To make sure your package makes it by Christmas, mail it by the following dates:
- Dec. 11 – Priority Mail Destined for Overseas Military
- Dec. 14 – Domestic Ground Delivery
- Dec. 19 – First-Class Cards and Letters
- Dec 20 – Priority Mail
- Dec 22 – Express Mail
Several locations across the metro will also be open Sunday, Dec. 10 and Dec. 17
- Denver General Mail Facility Station 7550 E. 53rd Place, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Littleton Highlands Ranch Station, 9609 S. University Blvd, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Aurora Main, 16890 E. Alameda Parkway, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Many locations have self-service stations, and you can even print your postage and labels at home and leave your packages with your letter carrier at www.usps.com .
This year, the US Postal Service is handling 10 percent more packages than it did last year.
In the past five years, the post office had handled two billion additional packages between Thanksgiving and New Years Day.