The Aurora Fire Department says a chemical reaction sent one worker to the hospital Friday morning.
Fire officials initially said two barrels of chlorine exploded around 3:30 a.m. Friday at 21101 East 32nd Parkway, near Interstate 70 and Smith Road.
Later, officials said there was no explosion but that an acid and oxidizer mixed creating a chemical reaction that injured the worker.
The worker was taken to the hospital while the hazardous materials team handled the situation.
Just before 8 a.m., the Fire Department tweeted that the situation was contained and there was no threat to public safety.
Google shows that address is a company called Advanced Circuits. The company's website says it makes printed circuit boards.