THORNTON, Colo. – Fireworks are responsible for the fire Monday night at the Viewpoint Condominiums in Thornton that damaged much of the building, the Thornton Fire Department said Tuesday afternoon.
The fire, which started shortly before 10:30 p.m., left 33 people displaced, including 19 adults and 14 children. Thornton Fire said in a tweet Tuesday afternoon that those residents will be displaced for “at least one more night.” The Red Cross is assisting those families.
Fireworks determined to be the cause of an apartment fire last night. Residents displaced for at least one more night. Residents, please contact email@example.com for apartment updates. pic.twitter.com/8JHSNEDYbx
— Thornton Fire Dept. (@ThorntonFire) July 31, 2018
They also said that fireworks are believed to have caused the fire, which officials said early Tuesday morning started when a bush caught fire and spread to the condos.
It damaged three apartments and left all 15 uninhabitable.
Investigators said they spoke with three juveniles aged 12 to 14 but said there had been no arrests made in connection to the fire.
People who remain displaced by the fire are asked to contact the condo manager at firstname.lastname@example.org .